Thursday, February 25, 2010

But it's not fair!!!

"But it's not fair!" Those are words you would expect to hear from a tantrum throwing toddler, but aren't we entitled to have these moments as adults? Lately, many of my brothers and sisters have been enduring pain that God has allowed along their life's path, and that doesn't seem fair. You could expect a family who has lost their wife/mother last week to a long battle with cancer to be allowed to question God, or you may understand hearing a negative word come from the three friends of mine who have lost their babies in the past few months. I don't know if I would be as strong as they have been when faced with the same challenges. I'd hope that I could be a light for Him during trials where the world is watching. It also makes me wonder, "How can people living without Jesus make it through this life...because it is really hard. Where is their hope?"

What have I heard instead of it not being fair from these believers? (I hope my quoting them is alright):

"I am so sad, so very disappointed..and yet I know God knows best and I have not had one second of doubt about His love for me. I am so, so, so thankful for that."

"Losing _____ has given me a new deeper appreciation of what my heavenly Father sacrificed for the miracle of my changed life, granting forgiveness and making me his own."

Wow, what great words from those who have lost so much and are clinging to our Father. What do you cling to in times like these, or what will you cling to when they arise?

1. My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
Refrain:
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.

2. When Darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.
(Refrain)

3. His oath, his covenant, his blood
supports me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
he then is all my hope and stay.
(Refrain)

4. When he shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in him be found!
Dressed in his righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne!
(Refrain)