Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yes I do...

Yes, I have three children. I don't think that having three children is unusual, but these are situations that I've encountered regarding my family:

* Strangers stopping me in public (while all kids are in tow) just to ask if they are all mine. Um, yes?
* People that I know have seen me walking to/from weekly events asking me if all the kids were mine. Um, yes? Then continue to act completely shocked.
* When meeting people, Stranger: "You're a mom?" Me: "Yes, I am." Then I proceed to tell them how many we have & their ages...I get this, "What, you? WOW, that's a lot of work. Really? I can't believe that..." You get the picture...
* This one is my favorite, only because I was shocked that someone would actually ask me this..."Are they all with your husband?" OR "Is that why you got married (at the age you did)?"

C'mon people...We have three kids, and I hardly think that TLC will be calling us anytime to do a series on our family...

No comments: