Monday, September 6, 2010

Saying Goodbye


This little lovely said goodbye to her family yesterday and hello to Jesus. She was only five, and she has touched more lives than most will in a long lifetime. You can read her daddy's blog under "Worth Reading" links (see Ava's Family).
I have so much to say about this family and little girl, but somehow, I can't bring myself to typing. I'm heartbroken.
I'm privileged to know this family, and I've been praying for them daily during these last ten weeks (yes, only ten weeks). I will continue to pray for them during these hard times. Please, join with me, and so many others....
For Ava:
Hold her close Jesus, for we no longer can
Not too much longer until we meet again
A beautiful smile and laughter to follow
Their absence makes the heart hollow
Dancing with angels no longer in pain
Not too much longer until we meet again

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh what a beautiful beautiful girl sweet Ava is. I am so terribly sorry for the loss this family has to endure and I am so sorry for you as well Kelli. My heart goes out to all of you. I was in tears reading the blog & just viewing her sweet picture.