Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm Sold!

Normally, I can't stand Valentines Day. I would get all worked up and hopeful about the day (even as a child), only to be let down that no one professed their undying love/affection for me & that they'd be admiring me from afar (Ya, I blame movies and TV for that. Why not? Everyone else has a scapegoat these days). So, I just renamed it Charles Dicken's Day (because we all carry Great Expectations around on that day...get it?).
Alright, now that we've established that I'm a little bitter about that day and would rather ignore it I want to share that this one was pretty great! (As if you didn't see that one coming). Here's what happened:
1) I woke up to a card and my favorite candies (Ferrero Rocher's)
2) My family had a very nice dinner together (that I didn't cook!) that consisted of courses (fancy, I know).
3) My daughter and I got flowers from my husband (Getting flowers was awesome, but seeing my daughter's reaction was priceless & precious)
4) My son gave the family a valentine that he made & wrote a poem in ( I love that kid)
5) I was given fancy cupcakes from a bakery (so so so GOOD)
6) My mom and I watched a chick flick movie together
What a great day, right? Maybe, I'll let Valentine's Day come again next year!

No comments: