Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hospital Life

Alright, for those of you who don't know, after I got home with the baby I was having weird issues with my blood pressure. Long story short, I ended back up in the hospital...twice. I have post partumn pre-eclampsia that needs to get under control. Apparently, I have no control over it myself.
You'd think that would be enough...but...my two older ones are sick with the stomach flu, and now Stephen has it as well. I totally hate hospitals, and he's been staying with me every night. Now, he can't. Thankfully, I am blessed with great friends (Lindsey and Cindy) who came and sat with me while Stephen ran errands...AND now, that Stephen is sick, Linds. will spend the night (YES, Christmas night) with me in the hospital. How cool is that?! THANK YOU LINDSEY!!!!
The wing I'm on is so quiet. I am the only patient, as well that is down here (there are other wings that have other people on it). That makes it kind of depressing.
I missed Christmas with my family, and that was pretty horrid...I'm not allowed to walk around by myself because of the medication that I'm on....TV is limited...and there isn't many staff members around because of the holiday....SO...it pretty much sucks....
Please pray for me...I know that I ask for that a lot...but please...I am asking...again....here is what I am asking for prayer for....
1) Healing...healing....healing....
2) That Stephen and the kids would get better...and protection over Colton that he wouldn't get sick, too....
3) Peace that I can rest...(I'm still a bit nervous about falling asleep, etc....being on my own...)

3 comments:

running shoes said...

Kel- I'm praying for you and your family.
What sort of things are you allowed to do while your there? Are you on bed rest?

Lindsey said...

awe, kelli, i'm so sorry. this too shall pass. i'm hoping for EVERYONE to feel better very soon and for a complete healing for you. hang in there mama, i can't imagine how hard this must be, but KNOW that many people are praying for you and God is hearing our prayers.

Danielle said...

OK - first of all, Congratulations!!!! I love the name Colton (and Stephen too), and he looks just like a little baby doll? (are you sure he's real??). So glad the doctors convinced him to flip for you! It sounds like things went wonderfully!
As far as the post-partum pre-e, YIKES! I had it during pregnancy, and within hours after they took the baby out, my blood pressure was back to normal. I'm assuming you're on mag. sulfate (?). Get ready for some serious hot flashes (or more like permanent heat) and exhaustion. I could see doubles of everything coupled with really blurry vision - it sort of felt like I had WAY too much to drink ;). I'm not sure what was the pre-e and what was the medication, but I know that both are brutal. Hoping they get you better soon! And no, there is not a thing in the world you can do about it (trust me - I more than fully researched it ;) ) Some people just get it and for others it's a genetic thing. Are you at Winnie Palmer or Florida?
Anyway, I didn't have wi-fi all week while in NC, but I was wondering how all went with you. Hang in there and keep us updated! (Think of the old New Kids on the Block Song: Hangin' Tough! I think that was theirs ;) ))