Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A year ago does NOT define me!

A year ago today, I was readmitted to the hospital. Through the entire night I was terrified and feared the worst. I thought about this last night, and as much as I wanted to be bothered by it...I let it go. I'm embracing this Christmas, but not for its gifts, food, bows, and lights. I'm holding on to my family and counting each blessing. I'm going to church to thank my God for sparing my life and for each life that blesses mine. I'll remember the baby Jesus being brought to this world for this sinner, and my heart and mouth will sing praises because of that blessed event! Last year does not define me. The birth of Christ, his life, death and resurrection does. There is a great song out there this season that brings tears to my eyes EVERY time...here it is (Here With Us - Joy Williams)

No comments: