Sunday, July 25, 2010

Changes and Updates

I feel like I am on a teeter-totter when it comes to our family and its decisions. We have so many things up in the air, and I'd like to catch one! There is one thing that women are famous for. We want and thrive on having security and stability. We want people and things to be reliable. Sure, some may be a bit more "free" than others...but the trait is there.
Where we're living could change suddenly (our home is on the market); I need to find us a place to rent (that fits all of us and that we love). That is our house update, for those who may have been wondering.
My youngest is nineteen months old now. Some may remember what a hard time I had afterwards with post partum preeclampsia. Well, we'd love to have another child, but I am terrified, understandably. I've seen several doctors about the potential of it happening again, and I haven't gotten a clear answer, yet. I have one more appointment coming up to have another consult. There is our baby update.
To adopt a child through the foster care system we have to take a class that lasts ten weeks. We decided to go ahead with them in September (if we're moved and settled by then). This doesn't mean that we have made a final decision about adopting. This just means that we're exploring it further to make a more educated decision. The classes inform and teach people before a home study. There is our adoption update.
I think that pretty much covers the big question marks that are going on within our family. God willing, security and stability will creep back into our lives soon and painlessly. With that said, I'm excited. Change can be great. We have major life decisions on the horizon. These will change our lives and family dynamic. Phew, lots of prayers needed. Now I'll stop writing about it...it's getting a bit overwhelming.

No comments: