Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Putting it out there...




Ok, don't tell anyone, but I'm overweight. Shocking, I know! I understand that I have pounds to lose, and I have accepted the challenge head on. For about six weeks now I have been kicking my rear into gear at the gym. I am eating better and more often. Learning to eat more often has actually been a hard lesson. I wasn't consuming enough calories to actually burn fat.
As a result of all of this effort, I have lost eighteen pounds. EIGHTEEN! My doctor told me to lose thirty before thinking of having another baby to help manage my blood pressure and to avoid preeclampsia, again. Well, I am over halfway to that point! As for planning another baby, we go to see ANOTHER doctor in August to get his opinion on the subject. I have seen two other doctors about this subject, and I'm not satisfied with those visits. Call me an overachiever, but I want to do everything in my ability to make sure that I get the best information to make an educated decision. If you think I'm crazy, go back and read the posts from 2008 to see the craziness that we dealt with!
Until that decision is made, it couldn't hurt to drop a few more pounds. Perhaps, one of these days I'll be brave enough to show photos! Gasp!

No comments: