Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What I Think About...




When I saw the commercials for this product, I was more than tempted to give it a try. The concept of having your detergent, fabric softener and a dryer sheet all in one seemed like a revolutionary time saver! I was going to wait to give it a try until I finished my bottle of Tide first, but then a sample came in the mail. Tempting, or what? Lastly, at a recent trip to the grocery store, I priced all three items (detergent, fabric softener and the dryer sheets) against the Purex sheets (36 loads). Not only is using Purex cheaper than my usual Tide brand. It was cheaper by $16.00 when I added not having to purchase the dryer sheets or fabric softener!

Now for the test, I have been using the Purex sheets for three loads now. It works well and exactly the same as other products. My only complaint (which really is more like a suggestion) is the scent. It is very subtle. That may be a selling point for some, but I for one enjoy the fresh scent of clean laundry and linens (especially sheets and towels).

Out of a five, I'd give this product a four over all. It cleans well (stains, etc. that my kids have on their clothes that are pretty tough). The fabric softener leaves the clothes soft and cuddly and the dryer sheets prevent the static build up. This product is Mom approved!

No comments: