Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Only a few days in...

Well, we're only a few days into the new year and my life is already transforming into something that I don't recognize. I don't know if I'll like the changes coming my way, but it's time to suck it up and keep on moving.
Change number one, we're moving. It is a bittersweet moment. We get to move our family into a home that will actually fit everyone, but packing up the house where I've raised my children thus far & almost lost my life (after my last pregnancy to preeclampsia) brings up uncharted emotions. I also feel like I am letting down my kids with out the stability of a home that they'll grow up in (because we plan to rent our next home, not buy). Also, after being gone for thirteen years, I'm returning to my parent's house (with a husband and three kids in tow) until we can find this illusive rental home. I've hit a new decade in life and I feel like we're back tracking. Hopefully, we can all live in peace, not kill each other until we can find the house.
Change number two, I'm back in school. Ya, it only is one class and it's online, but this is big news for me. I hate math and avoid it at all costs. This is the last class that I need to finish up my two year degree that I started so many years ago, yet interrupted by my fabulous first surprise (and I wouldn't ever change a thing about it). I figured that it was about time to grab the bull by its horns!
Change number three, I don't know what's coming next. That's the part that bothers me the most. I'm a planner, and right now, I have no direction or plans. I can't make any. This is where the "cup half empty or full" plays in. I could go either way (optimist or pessimist)...I know what my instinct is geared for, and perhaps I'm trying to find the silver lining...Maybe that should be change number four!

No comments: