Monday, January 31, 2011

Parenting Experiments

The road of being a parent is uncertain. One minute you're swerving past a mere pot hole or speed bump and the next you have to stop and figure out how to cross at an unclear path. Which direction do we go, or how do we get through this?
My latest small speed bump, meals & eating. My two year old (since being sick) has decided to not eat anything good for him and to live on crackers alone (and PB, goldfish, raisins, juice and milk). At first, I was concerned, but now I've realized that this new habit derived from me caving when he wasn't feeling good and letting him eat whatever he wanted all throughout the day. I mean, if I could get away with eating only my favorite things whenever I wanted and someone would actually bring it to me, no questions asked, I'd do it, too!
My plan of attack, scheduling. I seem to tackle every issue with a schedule or lists. I'm not allowing but one snack during the day, and if he doesn't eat the food he's given for the three meals a day, that's it, nothing more. I'm hoping that this will make him hungry at dinner time. Lately, he hasn't touched his food and won't try it. I was thinking that if a person is hungry enough they'll eat, and if were anything more (medically speaking) he'd loose weight, and we'd cross that bridge when we come to it.
Yes, a new plan of action. It just goes to show that no matter what else is going on around you (school, projects, moving, EEG's, MRI's and such) life is moving on....

No comments: