Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oh Ya....

Kids go through different stages. I have three kids, and you'd think that I know this by now. Apparently, I'm rather hard headed or suffer from amnesia. My youngest has started to turn up his nose at dinner time. I could be serving his most favorite, junky thing and he'd tell that that he didn't want it. I start out feeling quite confident that I can handle such a minor situation. Then, the time ticks by an hour has passed, he still hasn't eaten; my nerves are shot, and I am even at the point of tears (suppressed of course). I don't want to yell. I don't want to make dinner time un-enjoyable for everyone. Where's my 50's TV version of the family around the dinner table talking about their day? I take a breath, pray (yes, actually pray to God that I can control myself), and realize that things aren't in black in white around here but in color (symbolic, isn't it). Again, kids go through stages. This too shall pass. And day, he's wife will be writing on a blog about getting her kids to eat....

No comments: