Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's not JUST for the kids!

While driving in the car yesterday, I asked my son if he knew what Friday was. "Yes, it's earth day."-he said. This took a moment for me to register. Then the guilt set in. He didn't know off of the top of his head that this Friday is Good Friday. Other questions set in, "Does he even know what that means?" "Am I not teaching him?"...


Instead of a freak out moment, I used this as a teaching/reminding moment. I shared with him the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. I explained that Jesus died on the cross on what we call Good Friday, and that it is Good because it was to cover all of our sins.


I love these moments with the kids! Not only do I get to share with the ones whom I love the most about Christ...but I get to be reminded why we celebrate different holidays, pray and follow the Bible. It's not just for the kids!

No comments: