Saturday, September 8, 2018

Through Darkness...

     Have you ever had to navigate your way through a strange dark room at night? I remember being a little kid and spending the night at someone else's house, and inevitably I'd have to use the restroom after dark while my friend (my ally) would be soundly sleeping. Without turning on the lights, I would begin creeping my way across the room slowly and quietly while my arms were extended to try to feel my way through the darkness. At the same time, my mind would try to map out what it looked like prior to the pitch, and my poor eyes would strive to adjust amidst the shadows. There was a goal set to accomplish, and it had to be done.

  Sometimes, and recently, life unexpectedly turns the lights off on you. Will you press forward, being willing to trip and stumble while reaching for the goal?  If your map comes from the Lord in the form of faith and his word, choose to keep stepping; do not panic and freeze. Call to him, and he will answer you; he will guide you. You might get aggravated and demand for those lights to turn back on so that you can see! Even though that won't happen in your timing, eventually the dawn breaks.

     We've all heard that joy comes in the morning, and it's absolutely true. It's not until you look back on that lit room to discover all of the obstacles that you overcame and dodged. You realize how much worse it could have been, and you can see where you had the most difficulty. But, it's behind you, and you leaned from it. The darkness doesn't stop coming, but we can get use to making our way through it, even when it's a brand new place of faith.

   

No comments: