Sunday, September 2, 2018

TEN Years?!

The other day, I had a notification in my email inbox asking me if I'd still like to moderate comments on a blog (a blog that I had honestly forgotten that even existed!). Intrigued, I spent a few good hours trying to figure out old email addresses and passwords that would allow me to access this blog, once again!

Time warp, man, that doesn't even cover what it was like to relive these posts as I read through them! Since I've posted, I have gained FIVE children (and a dog, cat and two goldfish -may they rest in peace-). We became foster parents; we've moved THREE times, and we've had more hurdles and memories that have pushed us to this point on our journey together as a family. 

I look back, and I laugh at what my children said and did (yes, I laugh at when my daughter got into trouble & threw fits!). Also, I cringe a little about how much I complained about things that I should have never taken for granted, but I give myself some grace because I remember how hard some of those days really were on me. 

The growth that is evident in me is actually quite outstanding, and I never would have been able to experience this revelation if it weren't for those moments that I sat down to my virtual therapist to lay out my thoughts, frustrations, memories and moments. 

Here's to another ten years of writing and documenting real life, reflections and making more memories! 

No comments: