Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Little One

Okay, I know that I have been pretty hard on my little girl lately. She HAS gotten into mischief, though. However, I realized that she'd been under the weather, lately. For some reason, that multiplies mischief about ten times. It also causes her voice to be extra whiny and pulling that limp spaghetti limb tactic that all children inherently know. Yes, it weighs on my patience, tends to annoy me, and proves to be too much for my short temper, at times; yet, I am grateful that when the fever breaks and the sneezes subside, my little angle emerges once again reminding me of the little blessing in front of me that will too soon outgrow this nest.
Even still, there will be moments where I will be frustrated, again...with both/all of my children, and I will vent on any listening ear (or screen) that presents itself. That helps me feel better about my place on this planet and validated. I also find relief in quotes such as these:

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable." ~ Lane Olinhouse

"The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is because they have a common enemy." ~ Author Unknown

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" ~ Milton Berle

"Children are a great comfort in your old age -- and they help you reach it faster, too." - Lionel Kauffman

"I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home." - Robert Orben

"Having kids is like being pecked to death by a chicken." - seen in Mr. Dora craft shops

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh, oohhh, can I babysit? :-)

That pecked to death by a chicken quote is hysterical!