Sunday, February 15, 2009

Five Star Service?

Barista to the left of the employee at the register (while I was at the register):
"Do you know what you want"
Me: Err...Umm...Yes. (Not sure which person to look at) I'll have a tall cinnamon dolce latte.
(Handed the cashier my cash and walked to the pick up counter)
Me: "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to say decaf. Could you please make that a decaf?"

Barista: (rolling eyes) "Well, you didn't say that."

Me: "Um, sorry. Could you make it a decaf? Sorry."

Barista: (rolls eyes again)

I took that opportunity to walk slowly over to my seated friend.

Me: "Sheesh, she was kind of annoyed at that."

Friend: "Ya, she looks kind of mad."

Barista: "Kelli, I have a DECAF Tall Cinnamon Dolce Latte!"

Me: Thanks.

Barista: "I already made the regular one, do you want that too?"

Me: "No thanks, I really can't have it."

Barista: "Are you sure?"

Me: "Sorry, No. I can't have it."

Barista: "Well, do you know someone who does?"
(Barista looks at friend ACROSS the room) "Do YOU want this?"
Friend: "No, thanks. I already have this drink."

Barista: (Rolling eyes, again...and announces to the entire coffee house in a very booming voice)
"I HAVE A FREE TALL CINNAMON DOLCE LATTE...DOES ANYONE WANT IT...?"

I took that moment to slide back over to my friend across the room....How obnoxious was SHE?

P.S. - Being an ex-barista, myself. I know that if there is ever a miss-order. You sample the drink out in those tiny cups at the register....not single out a customer with the sole purpose of embarrassing them....

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

well, i am very proud of you for not losing it. i am mad at that barista (sp??) for you and might not have handled it as gracefully - so Good Job Kelli!!

Amanda Lomonaco said...

What a punk. She could have had it and kept her mean trap shut. That may be worth a letter of complaint. Pretty tacky and rude.