Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More Drama



Yesterday, my kids were in their room playing in the late afternoon. While I was feeding Colton, I heard a child jumping on the bed. I told them to cut it out and that they knew better than to do that. About ten minutes later, I heard the jumping again. Before I could say anything or go in there, the jumping ceased and was replaced my crying. My 2 1/2 year old daughter fell off the bed. We went to the emergency clinic for x-rays and treatment.

It turns out that she broke her collar bone and it was overlapping itself (not a pretty thought, I know). After many tears (from her and mostly me), we were sent home with her arm strapped to her body (to reduce movement), and we had an appointment to see the orthopedic surgeon the following day.

Today we saw the doctor (for Iveigh's Owchy). He looked at her x-rays and told us how common this was. He also said that because she's so young it would heal quickly and nicely without a cast or a need to set the bones. The doctor also let us know that it would be about six weeks of limited movement and will see us again in two weeks to check her progress.

Poor little girl. Getting her to sit still is a nearly impossible task. She's been so brave and in so much pain it actually hurts me when she cries. We've been through so much lately we're trying our best to stand firm in our faith and remember that God is in control. Sometimes it is hard to keep your head above water. I'm looking forward to calmer waters ahead.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh poor little girl. Poor mommy. This probably won't help but I broke my collar bone when I was 2 years, 3 months (at my baby brother's baptism party). I don't remember it at all. The doctor then just told my parents to follow my lead as to what I could do or not do. How frustrating though with everything else you've had going on... why can't kids just listen to us - smart mommy's that we are - and obey?! :-)

Brandi said...

No way!! Oh my dear, this is awful! Poor little one!

I hope she's feeling better now!

Brandi