Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Adventures in Homeschooling

After many months of wrestling with the decision about where to send our oldest to school this coming fall we arrived at the home-schooling through a private school option, and here is what I have learned thus far:

1) Picking curriculum is not a job for the weak of heart, mind or patience
2) Making lesson plans is a job for a mind reader...look at the calendar, predict the future of what we'll accomplish that day, and for how long
3) The people you thought would question your decision may support you; however, some people that you though would never question you, do.
4) I've never been so excited or convicted about what I must/can do to make my child's life a steady and firm foundation for his future
5) I need prayer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelli,
My sister has been homeschooling her four kids now since they were in kindergarten. She has got this curriculum thing set. She would love to help you if you needed it. Let me know if you want me to give you her email...
How did you come to this decision anyway??? A very brave decision if you ask me...I am proud of you!!

Danielle