Saturday, June 7, 2008

Raw Emotions






A truer statement has never been spoken. No other word stirs up the same emotion within me. The word that took my grandmother, tried to steal my husband, and has crept into so many other lives that touch mine. Like Satan, it comes in many forms; randomly slithering silently in and out of families breaking them down to a bare core of hope and raw emotions. I despise the name.



Lately, this disease has effected many around me. I will be praying for these people and their families...please join me whether you know them or not.


Carla, Vicki, Wendy, Betty-Sue, Matt, Lora, Delores, Lynn

For my Granny:

I love you and miss you so very much. My family visits your resting spot as often as we can; although, I know that you are not there. I try to pick flowers and colors that you'd like. I missed you at my graduation, wedding, and during the birth of your great grandchildren. I know that you would have loved them so much. I'm sorry for not being there during the end when you were in so much pain. Mom thought it would be best that way, and I know that you didn't want us to see you that way. I regret it, though. If I ever disappointed you, forgive me. I love you and cry to you often. There are so many other things that I want to say to you, but it falls upon deaf ears. One day, I will be able to sit and chat with you about it all.....until then, Granny, thanks for the meals, go fish, night time comforts, and love that I hope you felt, too. I love you.






No comments: