Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Learning

What I have learned about (and because of) this illness I have....
  • 2% of women develop it (after childbirth)
  • Most of the women online have had more than one pregnancy
  • I may be regulated on BP pills for a longer while than anticipated
  • My doctor is pretty patient with my phone calls and freak out moments
  • I may need further testing to check my adrenal and renal glands...?....
  • Pre-eclampsia really sucks after pregnancy because it can't be cured by childbirth....duh
  • I am not a patient person...(I already knew that)
  • I can not "will" my body to behave....
  • Discouragement and Illnesses go hand in hand...
  • I pray way harder when something is going wrong...no, that isn't a good thing
  • I kind of feel alone and odd having such a weird illness...
  • People get tired of hearing about this as much as I am tired of dealing with it

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Well I for one like the updates ;) I'm always wondering if you're better yet. Are you seeing Dr. Al-malt and Christensen? They are really good people there that actually seem to care about what they do (go figure!). Have you ever looked up the Preeclampsia Foundation online (http://www.preeclampsia.org/)? I got a ton of info and support from them myself. I'm sure you'll meet someone on there who's experienced something VERY similar to what your going through now. Did they test you for HELLPS? I'm wondering if that's what the blood work is for. Keep us updated. We're all wondering how you're doing.

~Praying Through Life~ said...

I HAVE looked at that website; I love it! It is very encouraging! No, I didn't have HELLPs...I was been tested for a little bit of everything in the hospital. Danielle, you've been so encouraging through all of this. Thanks!

Kristin said...

Praying for you. I also enjoy the updates. How is your newest little guy doing?

~Praying Through Life~ said...

Colton is great. Is a super good baby, and is worth all of this trouble!