Friday, August 6, 2010

Days Gone By...




It has been about a year and half since I made a promise to myself that I would no longer bother myself with useless TV. Now, what I call "useless" and what others call "useless" may be conflicting. I now watch my fair share of reality TV and mindless comedies. What I call useless is any show that doesn't bring me happiness. Life is too short.


While in the hospital, I never turned on the news or watched prime time murder mysteries; I watched all of the re-run comedy shows that I could squeeze in (Well, in and out of magnesium sulfate unconsciousness). They made me feel better, more secure and happier.


I've found that older shows bring a sense of comfort and take you back to a more simple time. There are no heavy dramas or dark undertones, and if there is conflict it resolves in less than thirty minutes. Call it a diet of sorts. I've cut out drama, thrillers and anything health related. That leaves me with laughs, black and white feel good TV. It's pretty darn fulfilling if you ask me. The comfort in days gone by TV is well worth the latter.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the oldies too but I'm also a reality TV junkie. I wish I had as much discipline as you.

Unknown said...

: ) Agreed!

Unknown said...

:) Agreed