Thursday, August 19, 2010

My week in review...






This week has been full of activity & it isn't over yet! If you've ready my two previous entries, you'll see that my son started school for the first time and my daughter turned four. Needless to say, I had a very emotional week in the beginning.


My son really is enjoying school. He loves hearing stories read to him (Amelia Bedelia and Juney B. Jones this week), and he's enthused that he actually has homework (this excitement is fleeting, I know). He was able to share with his class our fun summer plans, and next week he gets to bring in cupcakes to his new friends for his birthday (Yes, another day of tears ahead for mom).


There is a princess that lives in our house. She woke up on Tuesday and was reminded of that when the radio personality announced that "IVB is a four year old princess today." The entire day she wore a birthday crown and birthday girl button (she called it her metal). Although her princess balloon (that I paid ten dollars for) flew away, it was a good day. Her cake was pink with strawberry ice cream (so so so good), and she's been playing with her birthday presents ever since the paper was torn off.



This weekend we'll be headed to a very famous theme park in our area, and everyone can hardly wait! We decided to skip parties this year with their friends and party with family instead!


Speaking of family, my husband's family is coming back into town very soon! Our schedule is about to get really crazy, but its the good kind of crazy. One that's filled with family and fun. His blessings are abundant & we are thankful!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It makes me so happy to hear that kids are excited about school and even homework. It looks like your daughter had a great birthday. Have fun at the theme park.