Sunday, August 22, 2010

Some days...




Some days things just pile on top of you until you break. I had one of those days today. Nothing catastrophic happened, don't panic. I just had a series of events that brought my stress level through the roof...my phrase of the day, "Are you kidding?"
First, I realized that my precious pictures from the theme park we visited yesterday would cost, get this, at very least $15o.00 for 36 photos...YES, that is what I said. That is just on a CD, no prints! If I got prints, those precious photos would cost a whopping $500!!!! Yup, that's not a type-o!

Next, the new recipe that I was making for dinner, didn't finish in the crock pot by dinner time (rolling eyes). Perfect. Good thing that I had homemade soup ready for us in the refrigerator & fixings for toasted cheese bread!

This would have been a perfect, uneventful meal, but my dear, precious daughter decided to have an utter melt down over something that, now, I can't even remember what it was. I know that she's tired from yesterday, but this was just over the top. Unfortunately, for her, there are consequences to every decision you make. Her consequence, no dinner & straight to bed. Sigh...the screaming has just subsided.

Finally, while getting the table set and ready for this impromptu dinner, I noticed a big white stain on my wood table. Really? You see, my dear husband, thought that using an iron on this hard surface would be a great idea, not so much. As a result, I've been searching the Internet for tips to fix this eyesore. The first three remedies have failed.

Yes, a series of events such as these could send me into a tizzy. However, this is life. A life where I am fully blessed & even though these little hiccups come along, I don't want to waste minutes on being angry. I allow myself a few minutes to get upset, breath and solve. Once that is over (even if it doesn't get rectified like my table), I need to move on and get over it. Our memories from our family outings will last when pictures don't. I love my children more than dinner; I love my husband more than a table. Life is just too short.

No comments: