Saturday, April 26, 2008

Are you Kidding me?

Late this afternoon my family ventured out to the mall. There is a play area in the center where we are able to sit and watch them play with other kids. While sitting in the food court with my children (very visible and sitting at the table) two guys walk bye. One of the two dropped the "f" bomb right there in his conversation. You would think that would be enough, but this obviously classy guy decided to enunciate the word in a louder than normal voice while walking right by my 4 1/2 year old.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I decided to speak in my own loud tone and said
"Son (to my child), NEVER use that word" -ME
"What word mommy?" -4 1/2yr old
"The word that came out of that man's mouth. He wasn't using his SMART words, and it isn't ever OK to say." -ME
A part of me really wanted to go over to him and bop in upside his head. (Tonight on eyewitness news....mother of two arrested for assault in a mall)....The other part of me was just to dumbfounded and livid to do anything.
People have to be aware of those around them. They may not be offended by certain things, but they are not the only ones walking the planet. And by the way random guy at the mall....
MIND YOUR MOUTH....DO YOU KISS YOUR MOTHER WITH THAT MOUTH?

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I have thought the SAME thing! I love the way you handled it. . ha ha. . did the guys hear you?

Brandi