Thursday, April 10, 2008

Today....another fresh start

Alright...the day started off pretty normal....
Get my little one to school....My better half had the day off....
Went to get a new computer....Wait, what? Yes...for those of you who do not know....My family has been without such a device since....well, since our beginning! You could imagine the enormity of this occasion!
Came home after picking up the little one....
A/C not working.....Wait, what? Yes, I said that the air conditioning is BUSTED! (harsh for the English folks to read...but it needed to be said)
Why is it that when we make a major purchase the universe slants causing a rush of misfortune? LIKE THE A/C DYING???
It never fails...really...whatever
So here I sit...a new computer....watching....hoping that this last minute A/C guy can fix our issue.....without having to fork over a huge bundle of our depleting funds....
Would this be a good definition of ironic? That vocab word wasn't thoroughly explained to me in high school because when it was on our test...the Alanis M. song came out around the same time and messed me up...apparently, she uses the word incorrectly in her song? I think that is what my teacher said.
Amazing....I can get this far in my life...and I am still using words and phrases incorrectly....Why? No one has yet to tell me that I am using it wrong!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am so excited ya'll have a computer. Sorry about the a/c. I know stuff like that sucks. When is it when we became adults and started to deal with this stuff?...

Jeremy said...

Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think? A little too ironic... and yeah, I really do think it is ironic that as soon as you make a big purchase, the fates force you to make another one. At least you're all fixed now.

Cindy Lynn said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so excited to see you on here and posting. And I do believe Alanis M. used the word correctly and perhaps the English teacher was just anti-good music!