Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An e-mail I wrote

I was writing an e-mail to my in laws today about two friends. Matt Cushman, a guy from our church and our small group) is healing from brain surgery as a result of a brain tumor. Lora Kesselhon, a family friend, also had learned (while 23 wks. pregnant and a mother of two) that she, as well, has a type of lymphoma in her brain.
I began responding to a previous e-mail but it just evolved into something that I thought I should post:

We did know about Lora around the same time that we knew about Matt Cushman's tumor. Both of us thought that you had already known. Sorry for not telling you sooner. Matt also has a page there if you wanted to see his. I believe that there is a link from Lora's. (At Caring Bridge)
We are praying for their healing and are perplexed by the obvious spiritual warfare that is going on. (Lora apparently discipled or has been very close to Stephanie for a long time)
I can't imagine going through all of these things. We thank God that we have been healthy, and that my CT's came back normal. Blessings are all around me, and I praise God for that.
I don't want to take these things for granted because you never know what can happen. Lora & Ryan, Matt & Stephanie have been so brave and a witness of God's strength through everything. Their faithfulness is amazing and it makes one hope that they would too have an ounce of it if faced with the same trials. I just sob feeling only a moment of what Lora lives with when I look at Hunter and Iveigh. Then that moment is over and I go on with my day. She carries it with her moment by moment with no escape except in God's presence. How selfish of me to worry about trivial things like laundry, school agendas or even bills. My mind swims trying to understand all of this, but I wasn't meant to understand.
If nothing else, it makes me cling to him more for things I can not control.

No comments: