Sunday, April 13, 2008

Deep ponder/conclusion

So, it was a good day...went to church, sang on the worship team.....went home....made pancakes for the family.....played around with the kids a while....then left to have dinner and conversations with some girl friends of mine.....got home and I began to think....
I am so grateful that I have friends (and family obviously...but this isn't about them)
in my life that I have known for so long. I don't even have to talk to them on the phone or see them everyday to be able to pick up with them where I left off. I cherish those people around me that have stuck with me and been there no matter what phase of my life I am going through.
I may not have been buddy buddy with all of these people growing up, but they have always been there, and I know that they would have been there for me then if I had really needed it.
Who else can say that they have had such a large group of friends for like twenty years?
OK, so some people can, but this is like my entire class from grade, middle, and high school.
They know me, and I know them. No matter how different we are, we are the same. We are comfortable around each other; we love each other; we care about each other.
We have differences, some times....but move on....no matter what funk we are going through....
I must remember not to abuse these relationships...not to neglect them.....but to nourish them and to maintain them....because they are the ones that will last.....the ones that I will carry on with me during this rough terrain of life......
If you are reading this, and you know that I am writing about you....thanks......remember to
"Make new friends, but keep the old. Some are silver, the others gold." -?

5 comments:

Cindy Lynn said...

Are you saying you didn't think we were buddy buddy in school? What? ;) I will definitely cherish the talking and laughing of last night. You are equally as much a friend to cherish!

Anonymous said...

I second what Cindy said. You are just as cherished. I value your insight and caring nature. Thanks for making me laugh!

Danielle said...

Hey?! What did I miss out on!?! I'm reading blogs now, and I'm getting a strong vibe that there was an "event" planned without me!!!! ;)

OK - the hour and a half plus drive kind of knocks me out of most get togethers ;)

Hope you are doing well! It's good to read your blog!

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

Whoa..Danielle...!
Haven't seen you since that random sighting at Target.....
Well, even if you weren't there in person...you were there in spirit
=)

Cindy Lynn said...

Save it Danielle! Now you're going to get what you asked for, and I'll be calling you every time I get a coffee, dinner or errand run to Target with friends ;) You know I think you're wonderful chica, and would always love to see you!