Monday, May 19, 2008

Bad Doctor Day...

Today was my first visit to my doctor for the baby, and I knew that things were not going to go my way when I almost walked into the wrong office. Upon my arrival I was the only patient in the waiting room, and then the nurse called me back. She did a short interview with me then weighed me. Next, something that I have been dreading since I made the doctor's appointment, she took my blood pressure! For some reason, whenever I go to any doctor's office at any time my blood pressure shoots up. I can't control it (even when I hold my breath to slow down my heart rate)....so that was hurdle number one
Next, she lead me to my exam room where she would also draw some blood. First, she attempted my arm. Apparently, she got the vein OK but it stop producing soon after; that made her decide to go for my hand, instead. YUCK!? She kind of got the same result and stated, "Your blood is so thick."
That's the first. I have yet to have heard that one. OK. Now the doctor enters (physical exam....etc.) after which he wants to check my blood pressure, again. Excuse me? I think that the physical exam part puts no one "at rest" when we are talking about blood pressure, right?
That led to a little speech about me needing to come back in next week to check out my kidney function, gestational diabetes, and blood pressure.
Let me also refresh your memory that I am only 7 weeks 5 days along and should be pregnant for 40 weeks. This is going to be a long road, and I will need prayer apparently......so if you would be so kind......
Until the next time

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, Kelli, I'm sorry :( These kind of doctor visits are completely normal--it's not like you have a little black cloud.

I will pray for you!