Monday, May 12, 2008

Chinese Nirvana?

Why is Chinese take out so good? I just enjoyed mandarin chicken and chow mien with a vegetable spring roll. Is it really the flavor that is so enticing, or is it merely the fact that I didn't have to cook a single thing? Perhaps, the draw is knowing that there will be no dishes to hand wash. Whatever the reason, it surely filled my internal void and pregnancy "yuckies". Let me leave you with my fortune from the dainty packaged cookie:
"A light heart carries you through the hard times."
By the way, your lucky numbers are 6, 13, 14, 23, 26, 37

I first wrote the blog above last night around 9:00pm. Ignorance was bliss. By 5:00am I was bowing before the porcelain throne submitting my "offerings". Therefore, cleaning up dishes, cooking for yourself and everything else I said was so wonderful about Chinese takeout was utter crud! It is worth the minor labor if it means avoiding the horrible aftermath.
I am still sitting on the couch recovering. Again, not worth it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Ooooh, nasty. . Ya, not feeling to great myself over here, and the thought of Chinese does little for me. Best to stick with safe foods. . like bread ;)