Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Some days are easier than others. Today was an easy day, and I thank God for these days. Stephen was home, and he took the kids to the splash zone; I shopped and did errands all by myself!

For those of you who do not have children, animals, or some other living being that you are responsible for, relish in the moments that you have by yourself to do...well...whatever it is that you want! I never appreciated being alone before being married and having kids. Now I thrive on alone (or just with my friends) "me" time!

OK, sorry for that bunny trail. We wrapped up the day with a family bike ride, an awesome dinner (meat, green beans, fresh shucked corn, cantaloupe), and a Disney movie. Ahhh....

Also, we transferred our little 21 month old to a big girl bed. It was a little tough at first, but I know that with patience, stubbornness, and consistency it will work out. I actually cried when we took the rails off of the crib. My little girl isn't a baby, and I feel as though I missed it somehow. Seriously, I am/was fully present and coherent at all times; however, my baby girl that I thought that I would never have is sleeping in a toddler bed with pull ups on instead of a "diaper." So, I did what every mother has the right to do. I cried. I am crying now thinking of it. I think that is all this blog needs tonight....so I'll end it here....crying like a girl....

1 comment:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

How is she doing in a big girl bed? We put Lucas in a twin at 18.5 months in prep for little sissy. Emily is 20 months and still happy in the crib. I think to move her but I hesitate as I like having her still contained and not coming into my room in the middle of the night, etc.