Monday, May 5, 2008

Meaty Madness!

It is almost one o'clock in the morning and...WHAM...my first pregnancy craving has hit me!
STEAK!
I am not an avid red meat eater, nor do I store steak in my refrigerator unless a super special occasion is approaching.
Yet, like a runaway freight train this craving is uncontrollable. My mouth salivates like a dog, and I have dragged myself out of my warm cozy bed to the quiet frigid kitchen.
As a substitute, I have located beef in the fridge (meant for tomorrows dinner). Yes, I now have actually pulled out my frying pan and without second thought, have whipped it up for my consumption.
Readers, do not be filled with dismay and total disgust. I am proud to announce that this beef was 100% organic (no hormones, additives, etc. AND the animal was raised on a complete vegetarian diet). Plus, I have pulled out the all natural chicken for dinner....everyone wins and everyone is fed!
OH, and by the way...IT IS Sooooooooooooo WORTH IT!

4 comments:

Cindy Lynn said...

I can not tell you how disgusting this sounds. Please tell me you ate it with eggs or something. I mean steak and eggs is at least somewhat a breakfast option, not for me really, but I've seen it on menus. If it was just one big hunk of steak on a plate...gross.

Jeremy said...

Congrats on your newest addition-to-be! I look forward to reading about it for months to come on here.

Danielle said...

Oh - I so relate on the absolutely bizarre cravings. . for me, it was bread and butter, and cereal - I know boring, but it seemed REALLY GREAT when I was pregnant ;) The more savory things like meat or cooked veggies made me want to hurl - even coffee (oddly) was off limits ;)

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

I almost cried today when a burrito made me a little ill.... I LOVE BURRITOS!
Cindy....it was pieces of beef not just one big hunk of steak...no eggs...a la carte