Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The name game

I am convinced that the first challenging job of a parent is to name the baby. Naming another human being is a huge responsibility! I am sure the Ragina's and Poindexter's of the world would agree with this blog.
Stephen and I were kicking around names for the new baby today. It seems that when we feel secure with one, someone either takes it or tells us how much they hate it! That led me to sending out a mass e-mail today asking for other people's favorite names.
In the past we've read books, read polls, and even researched personalities assumptions that people make when hearing names when naming our kids. We have also raided the family tree (even if you don't have kids you should try it for a good laugh).
Certain names are cute now, but what will people think of a 50 year old woman name Trixie or something? It just doesn't have the same effect. Plus, I don't think that the name Trixie can compare to the name Alexandra on a resume.
Thoughts?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ragina looks a little too much like another word.......


Off the top of my head:
Owen
Riley
Nathan
Madison