Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Bock Expansion Project



Last week, I was driving home from having dinner with some friends. Stephen asked me to get some ice cream on my way home, and while I was in the Walgreens it occurred to me that I may need to pick up a pregnancy test. I didn't "feel" pregnant, and I actually thought that it was a silly idea that I didn't need to follow through on. But, they were on sale. I went home and performed the test (I'll spare you the details...). Minutes later I was shocked to see a plus sign in the results window.

I walked out to see Stephen and told him to close his eyes (he had no idea a test was purchased and administrated). I simply asked, "Are you ready for this?" Stephen nervously, "What?" With that I handed him the test and told him to open his eyes and said, "To be a father again." Stephen got over the initial shock of the plus sign and digested the information. He hugged me and said "Of coarse!"

Wow, God's timing. Three other tests later (I'm a bit of a skeptic), I conceded to the fact that I am indeed pregnant. My first doctor's appointment is May 19, and I am approximately 5 weeks along (super beginning stages). Pray that everything progresses smoothly, please; and you know that I'll be keeping you updated!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Awe, Congrats! I was reading Cindy's "Fudge" blog and thinking, "...Gee, I didn't know she was expecting..." I guess it's a new thought to you too! Congratulations - what a surprise!

Brandi said...

Hi! I didn't realize you had a blog! yeah! Can't wait to read more and CONGRATS!!

How are you feeling?

Brandi

michael said...

Awesome! The world can use more Bocks in it! Except for that Chris fellow - he's trouble:-)

Anyway, Congratulations!

Amanda Lomonaco said...

WooHOo. Congrats, Bocks! We are so happy for you.